Is Abba Court a Pet-Friendly Motel in Queenstown?
Yes, we are!
Ever since we took over the Abba Court Motel we thought it was a great idea to welcome pets and we’re pretty flexible, but it wasn’t until we got our fur baby Leia (seen in the image above) that it made total sense for us making the pet-friendly idea official.
While travelling around New Zealand with Leia we discovered that not many places will accept pets, so we found that travelling with our fur baby could be very challenging. We want to take that weight from your shoulders and assure you that your pet is welcome to stay at Abba in Queenstown.
We do understand that not everyone loves pets as much as we do, so to keep everyone happy we put some rules in place that you must follow while staying with us. Please read carefully and make sure you follow our guidelines on your pet holiday in Queenstown.
Booking your pet at Abba
Before booking your pet holiday to Queenstown, please bear in mind that:
- Your pet must be house trained
- Your pet must not have fleas
- Your pet must not be aggressive
- Not more than 2 dogs are allowed per room per stay (exceptions may apply)
At the moment we are running a special offer that if you book direct your pet can stay for free, normal price is $50 per dog per stay.
Tips for travelling with your pet
Before getting in your car, do a checklist and make sure you have all the goodies you need for your doggie to be comfortable during the trip and for their stay in Queenstown. Here are some ideas on what not to forget for your pet holiday:
- Lead, Collar or dog harness
- Dog poop bags
- Bowls for food and water
- Crate or carrier for your dog
- Doggie towels
- Water for the trip
- Current veterinary records (including general health and vaccination records, just in case of any emergency)
- Dog first aid kit
- Up to date Dog ID tags with your contact information
- Car seat cover
If you forget any of the items in the list above and you feel you need it for your stay in Queenstown feel free to ask the reception and we may be able to help (bear in mind that there might be a charge).
We’ve put some rules in place to keep everyone happy while staying at Abba. With these rules we are looking for your comfort, other guests comfort and above all your Doggies comfort.
Please read this carefully and feel free to email us if you have any questions:
- No crate required as soon as your dog is house trained. We are happy for your dog to stay in the room at all times with no crate, but if your dog is very curious and you think he/she will need a crate and you don’t have one, please let us know and we may be able to help.
- Leash policy: if your pup is well trained and will respond to your command at all times, leash might not be necessary, but bear in mind that the motel is next to a busy road and be mindful of other guests that might be not confident with dogs off the leash around the premises.
- Pick up after your dog. Please always keep an eye on your doggie at all times when off the leash on the premises, and pick up your dog poop as soon as it’s done. There are bins around the Motel where you can drop the poo bag, please do not leave the bag anywhere else rather than the bin. Outside your room is not allowed at any time).
- Pets are allowed on the furniture only if the furniture is covered at all times.
- Pets are not allowed on the beds at any time. If any bugs get into the bed after your stay we may have to get a special cleaning and that will be at your cost.
- Pets must be cleaned before getting in the room (mainly on the carpet). We do love puppies getting into wet and muddy adventures in Queenstown, but please clean your puppy before getting in the room. You are not allowed to use the shower for your puppy at any time (this can block the pipes long term), so if your puppy got really dirty let us know and we will try to help with an alternative.
- Control your pet from making excessive noise. We do understand that some doggies love saying hi to other guests, but some guests might not appreciate your doggie barking all the time, please be mindful of your pet noise and if you know your dog may bark do not let him by himself in the room, as he will be out of your control.
- Accidents can happen. We do understand that accidents may happen, but please let us know as soon as possible so we can clean the accident properly, this may incur an extra charge though.
- You are financially responsible for any damage, extra cleaning or disturbances that your pet may cause. We will hold either a credit card or a bond on file to cover any extras.
Pet-friendly Cafes, Bars and Restaurants in Queenstown
Pet Friendly walks
- Bobs cove
- Lake Hayes
- Queenstown Gardens
- Mt Crichton Loop Track
- Kelvin Heights to Jack Point
- Tiki Trail up to the gondola
- Sunshine Bay Walk
- Queenstown Trail
- Peninsula Track
- Morningstar Track
- Arrawata Track
- Seven Mile Point – Wilson Bay Track
Other Pet Services
- Crate Hire: If you do not wish to bring your puppy crate, but you need one during your stay we can hire one for $10 per night. This service MUST be booked in advance as there is limited capacity.
- Dog walks: We know there’s a lot to do in Queenstown, so if you don’t have enough time to take him/her for a walk we can help with that. Prices go from $25 to $35 depending on the type of walk and how long you would like your doggie to walk for. This service must be arranged at least 48 hours in advance.
- Dog Sitting: We understand that there are times that you won’t be able to take your pup with you and we know that there are some dogs not very keen to stay in a motel room by themselves. We do offer a dog sitting service that goes from $35, depending on the time of the day, how many dogs and for how long, please enquire at the reception. This service must be arranged at least 48 hours in advance.
Other important contacts
- Monday to Friday: 8:30am – 6:00pm
- Saturday: 09:30am – 1:00pm
- Sunday: Closed